It’s not a Soccer match without a Referee!
Referees are always needed... Please sign up today.
- Are you 12 YEARS old or older and interested in refereeing?
- Do you need COMMUNITY SERVICE VOLUNTEER HOURS for your school or church?
- Have you ever WONDERED WHY a referee made a particular call?
- Or didn’t make a particular call?
- Do you want to learn more about the LAWS OF THE GAME?
- Are you interested in working together with the coaches and other referees to ensure a SAFE AND FUN ENVIRONMENT for all players?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should consider becoming a referee with San Marcos AYSO.
Become part of the SAN MARCOS AYSO REFEREE TEAM in just a few steps:
If you are a returning referee email our Referee Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Also, please update your volunteer information for this season at https://www.eayso.org/.
If you are a new referee or would like to take a refresher class then
- Register as an AYSO Volunteer at https://www.eayso.org/ to obtain your AYSO Volunteer ID Number.
- From the eAYSO home page select “Enroll to take a class”. Search for classes in CA, Section 11, Area R, Region 127 and sign-up for a class.
Please note that AYSO Volunteer ID Number number is different from your AYSO Player Number if you are a player. Even if you have registered before, you need to update your Volunteer Registration form for this season.
Class options will include full day classroom training, part online – part class room training, and AR only training. Regional intermediate referee classes are also available.
We will ease you into refereeing by pairing you with a mentor on the field during your first game and schedule you to start with the younger age groups.
If you have any questions please contact our Referee Director at email@example.com
. Referee training is available online. To access the online referee portion of the class please click here
. You will need your AYSO Volunteer ID number to access the AYSO training website. If you do not know your AYSO Volunteer ID number, please email our Referee Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance. This is required information to be able to use the online training courses.
Referee Scheduling with Azteca.net
San Marcos AYSO is using Azteca.net for our referees to schedule games and assign referee points. Click here
to access Azteca.net then follow these instructions to schedule a game.
1. Click here to go to Azteca.net
2. Log in with the same email you used last year or create a new account. If you forgot your password, click Forgot Password.
3. Update your profile. You can select My Account and the Profile from the menu bar at the top of the page
4. Select Add/Remove Programs
5. Select Add Competition
6. Select Fall 2013 and Add to Profile. (You can also delete previous years if you'd like.)
7. Select Go to Profile
8. Select Manage My Teams
9. Remove Teams from previous years and then select Add a Team.
10. From the drop down box select the team that you want to receive your referee points. You can add multiple teams to your profile. NOTE: If you do not have a team please select “Referee No Team” from the list.
11. Select Go to Profile
12. Select Referee Scheduler in the righthand column. (You can also access the scheduler by selecting Referees on the top menu and then select Self-Scheduler.)
13. At the top of this screen you can select the weekend you would like to volunteer. Additionally, you can select the team in your profile that will get your referee points.
14. Select any of the Open slots you would like to referee by clicking the circle next to Open and then click Submit. You will see your name entered in the slot with (Approval Pending) below it. Schedules will be reviewed by our Referee Director to make sure there are no scheduling conflicts. Once your schedule is approved, you will receive a reminder email.
Official Laws of the Game
You can download the official laws of the game from FIFA, the international governing body for football, by clicking here
SAFE HAVEN CLASS REQUIRED FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS
Safe Haven is a program instituted by AYSO to comply with the Child Protection Act of 1993. Each team must have a certified coach that has taken this class. AYSO requires all volunteers are certified through the Safe Haven Program. The class goes over Child Protection, safety rules and volunteer liability protection. The Safe Haven Class is available online. San Marcos AYSO also hosts several Safe Haven courses throughout the year. Contact our Child and Volunteer Protection Advocate (CVPA) to find out when courses are being held and to sign up.
to take the Safe Haven course online.
All Volunteers must register with AYSO National before taking the Safe Haven class. Click here for online registration or download the Volunteer Registration and mail two copies to San Marcos AYSO. There may be a short delay while your AYSO National registration is completed before you can take the course.